Sunday

Gotta love work!


I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record when it comes to talking about not having any work to do. So, let me start complaining about something completely opposite - too much work! Seems my supervisor got a bit confused and put a dozen of us transcriptionists in on the wrong phone call. The people transitioning over to the new system immediately were to be paid an hourly rate for the work they were missing. Well, since I was sitting there 8 hours waiting to work and there wasn't any work to be done for almost half the day for several days in a row, it made sense I was included in this group. I wasn't even worrying about all that time I missed because I knew it'd be covered. An emergency mandatory phone call 2 days later cleared that right up for me. Seems some of us weren't included in that lucky group; we should have had enough work to do. One lady flew off the handle, saying she needed to be compensated for all that missed work (she had even less work than I did). The solution, of course, was to make up the work. Oh, great, you mean I get to work 7 extra hours in the next 3 days because that's when the pay period ends? That translates into, "Go ahead and work on your only 2 days off." Sucky, sucky, sucky. Had to do it, though. Now I'm exhausted. I'm going to take some of my precious time off and only work half a day Monday. To paraphrase an old McDonald's commercial, "I deserve a break today".

No comments:

Post a Comment