Thursday

Is the correct term man-stealer or home wrecker?


This has nothing to do with Jerry's and my relationship; I want to make that perfectly clear, so don't panic. This is just something I've noticed and is kinda on the subject of marriage and I thought would make a good post, maybe even start a debate or get you thinking. One day while I was reading some article about hairstyles, I somehow followed some links that ended up on a crazy article about a magazine that apologized for publishing a photo. No, it wasn't some celebrity caught without their underpants on. It was, I believe, Shape Magazine, and they said they were sorry to have offended readers by putting Leeann Rimes on their cover. Not because she wasn't in good shape, but because she is a man-stealer. I can understand if the title of their mag was Monogamous Mommas or something, but it's a magazine about exercising, and she was talking about how she used exercise to help her through a rough patch and get toned up. Apparently some people, mostly women, like to use the term home wrecker. I find it hard to see logic in their way of thinking, though. If a man leaves his wife for another woman, what kind of term do they have for him? Is he a wife-leaver? Seems like the "other woman" takes the brunt of it. Angelina Jolie has been dealing with this label for years now, but she isn't the one who was married, Brad Pitt was. And nobody knows what goes on in a relationship besides the 2 people who are in it - that marriage could have been headed in the wrong direction for ages. And the anger seems misplaced. Just catch a bit of "Maury Povich" or "Jerry Springer" and you'll see what I mean. The unsuspecting girlfriend gets told by her boyfriend that he's been seeing another woman, then this said woman comes out from backstage. The girlfriend jumps up and starts fighting the new girl! No, not the man she thought she had a commitment with, the man who betrayed her love and embarrassed her on national television, but this other person. It's so wrong. Good for ratings, I guess. Jerry and I have similar thoughts on the subject, but he also brought up a good point that sometimes people can be very manipulative and deceitful. So, for the 2 cents it's worth, here's what I think. You can't "steal" a person, they aren't personal property. I also don't think, if his relationship is sound to begin with, that a man would even consider leaving. That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment