Saturday

Sit On It!


I know I complain a lot about how my head hurts. Enough about that. Now I'm going to complain about my back and legs hurting. It all comes from having to sit for more than 8 hours a day in a chair doing my work. I make a point to get up once an hour and walk a little, but it really isn't helping all that much. My right leg seems to be the sufferer of most of the pain; I figure that's because it got damaged in a car accident 14 years ago. I really haven't been able to do ballet like I used to since then. Okay, since I was 7 actually, if you want me to be more specific. That was when my Russian-born former ballerina ballet teacher in Salina, Kansas saw my huge potential and pulled me out of the class of 6 & 7 year olds and threw me in with the 10 to 12 age group. I kept up just fine, but then grew bored. Mom then signed me up for tap classes and baton twirling. Just for a bit of trivia, although I am left handed, I can only twirl a baton with my right hand. Of course when I got a little older I wondered, if I had been born in Communist Russia instead of the U.S., would I have been forced to become the world's best ballerina? We'll never know, especially not since that car accident. Anyway, back to my bitching. I don't know how a person is supposed to find a good computer chair. I've gone through quite a few and none of them seemed to work very well. My problem is, I'll sit in them in the store,they feel just fine, I fork over the hundred-plus dollars they all cost, and within a couple of weeks I know that I have yet another crappy chair. I sit on pillows, use those bruising massage things you put against your back, adjust the height, and nothing works for long. I need to find a way to work in zero gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment