Sunday

Film Festivals


An idea occurred to me this morning so I thought I'd look into the matter a bit further. What if we went somewhere for a honeymoon where the town was holding a film festival? That might be fun! Jerry's been to plenty, but I never have unless you count the time the whole family sat around my grandparents' house when I was a kid and watched old home movies. First step's first, so I did a search "film festival" 2011 and "Memorial Day weekend". Quite a few items popped up. If we're looking for SciFi, the Balticon in Baltimore, Maryland, is having a short film festival then as part of their science fiction/fantasy convention. I'm not sure being around hundreds of Trekkies would be the most romantic destination. How about comics? We could go to the Phoenix Comicon Film Festival. There's also the Mountainfilm Festival in Telluride, Colorado. Or maybe we could try the Waterfront Film Festival - Saugatuck
Saugatuck, MI. The website didn't have many details available, so I've got no idea what it's about. Besides, it's in Michigan. I lived there when I was 5. It's the only place I've ever gotten beat up. How about the 36th Annual Seattle Film Festival. True, it lasts 25 days so we wouldn't get to see everything, but I've been to Seattle and it's beautiful and there's plenty of other stuff to do there as well. For instance, there's also a horror festival going on at the same time. Decisions, decisions. Guess we can sleep on it, but I hope I don't start having dreams about the horror convention!

No comments:

Post a Comment