Friday

Ah, modern medicine!


Ever have the kind of headache that moves around your skull? It's as if it decides that giving pain in one area just wasn't good enough so it moves on to try someplace else. That's what I woke up with this morning. It started feeling like a sinus headache just over my left eyebrow. After getting the girls off to school I decided to lie back down, hoping it would go away if I could drop off to sleep. No dice, it stayed around and kept me awake. Once I got up, though, it decided to move around to the back of my head. Nice! Guess it changed from being a sinus type of headache to a tension one. There was a time when I was having after-effects from chemo. I'd get the most horrendous headaches but they wouldn't let me take anything for fear of damaging my liver. I'd suffer for several days with intense pain across the entire front of my head. The only thing I could use was Head On, but it really didn't do anything but make my forehead feel minty fresh. Now that I'm back to normal (or as close to normal as I'll ever be) I'm a firm believer in, "If it hurts and they make a medicine for it, take the medicine." I took a Goody's Powder (orange flavored, of course) and tried to be patient while it did it's magic. The wait just got to be too long, so I slid my hand up the back of my neck and grabbed a fistful of hair at the base of my skull and pulled. For some reason this helps relieve the pain. Maybe the new pain distracts from the old, but whatever the reason it does make the headache less painful. I held on for several minutes, then gradually released my hair and the Goody's Powder had kicked in. Oh, hallelujah! Now I can get on with my day. Thank goodness it's my day off. Maybe I can go back to sleep. If Goody's ever needs a product endorser I'd be more than happy to do it. They can even pay me in product.

No comments:

Post a Comment