Tuesday

Talk to me, baby.


That's one of the best things I could ever hear. Jerry says it to me when I tell him I'm having a bad day, or something's stressing me out, or I need to make a decision. Just hearing him say that lets me know he's interested in what's going on with me. I love it! Yesterday, for example, was not a stellar day. I wrote my blog in the morning and that was just the beginning of things not going well. I think trying to function without much sleep only makes matters worse. Poor Erin and her science cake - I made it the way I do every time I make a cake. I'm not bragging, but I've never had a cake fall apart on me. This one did, though. It stuck to the pan although I had prepped it so it wouldn't. Chunks of cake stayed on the wax paper liner, which also stuck to the pan. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Hopefully the cake, glued together with frosting, will make to to school with the 2 bus rides, kids who shove and push, and one bus driver who likes to stomp on the brakes and make the kids pop up out of their seats. On top of that, I ended up finishing work at 8:30 last night. Not good. Even though I had a rough day, just having Jerry say, "Talk to me, baby," made it seem like the air had been let out of my stress balloon. I'm very lucky to have him back in my life. He always tells me he doesn't want me to worry or be stressed. I even learned something from that cake fiasco - I'm sure as hell not making our wedding cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment