Sunday

Hey, kid! Stop singing "Rain, Rain, Go Away" - I think it's working!


I've had a headache now for 3 days straight. I hate it. You may even know the kind I'm talking about. It's frontal and sits behind your eyes and tries to push them out of your skull. The only thing that's going to make it better is a bit of rainfall to change the pressure both outside and in my head. Pills aren't helping, not even the old reliable fallback - orange flavored Goody's Powder and a can of Coke. That takes care of it for just a bit, but then my head is right back to painin'. I wanted to be a lot of things when I grew up, but a barometer wasn't one of them. I hope this won't happen on our wedding day. Not the rain, I mean, but the headache. Weather's a big reason I don't want to hold the wedding outside. Sure, it's beautiful - I've seen pictures of people who've done it successfully. But I'm a big believer in better safe than sorry. By May it'll be pretty warm outside, and then there's always the chance of rain. Oh, and don't forget the gnats! How horrible! And do you really want to make the people you love sit outside on hot folding chairs while you get married when then can just as easily be sitting inside on folding chairs under the A/C? And, have you ever seen the America's Funniest Home Videos wedding clips? You'd be an idiot to hold a ceremony outside, what with all the random attacks from swans and dogs that happen, not to mention well-wishing strangers who drive by and honk during the vows. That is one headache I can actually avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment